At Habitat for Humanity, we believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
In selecting partner families and individuals, Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington considers:
The need for decent, affordable housing
- Current living conditions are overcrowded, unsafe or unhealthy
- Housing costs are too high (i.e. more than 30 per cent of before tax household income)
- Must currently be living in the specific region in which they wish to apply for a minimum of 1 year
Ability to pay a mortgage
Families and individuals must have a reliable source of income and demonstrated ability to pay for a modest mortgage. Factors for consideration:
- Affordability income ranges used to determine ability to pay
- Applicants must not have large debt
- Applicants will be asked to submit a current reference check, as well as other required documentation to confirm reliability of income
Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity
Each family selected to partner with us will be asked to contribute up to 500 hours of volunteer time. These volunteer hours may be completed on the build site, in the ReStore, or on a variety of other Habitat projects. All necessary training will be provided before you begin.
how to apply
There are many steps involved in the application and selection process to partner with Habitat for Humanity. Please note at this time we do not have any units available.
Interested applicants must contact our team to express interest in our future builds. Please provide a name, phone number, and email address so that we may contact you for further details.
If by mail:
Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington
Attn: Kathryn Stokes, Family Services & Build Support
100B – 104 Dawson Rd.
Guelph, ON N1H 1A6
If by email:
Attn: Kathryn Stokes, Family Services & Build Support at email@example.com
All information provided to Habitat for Humanity will remain confidential.