At Habitat for Humanity, we believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
In selecting partner families and individuals, Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington considers:
The need for decent, affordable housing
- Current living conditions are overcrowded, unsafe or unhealthy
- Housing costs are too high
- Must currently be living in the specific region in which they wish to apply for a minimum of 1 year
Ability to pay a mortgage
Families and individuals must have a reliable source of income and demonstrated ability to pay a mortgage. Factors for consideration:
- Affordability income ranges used to determine ability to pay
- Applicants must not have large debt
- Applicants will be asked to submit a current reference check, as well as other required documentation to confirm reliability of income
Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity
Each family selected to partner with us will be asked to contribute up to 500 hours of volunteer time. These volunteer hours may be completed on the build site, in the ReStore, or on a variety of other Habitat projects. All necessary training will be provided before you begin.
how to apply
There are many steps involved in the application and selection process to partner with Habitat for Humanity.
Please note at this time we do not have any units available. Our upcoming build is a multi-unit dwelling in Fergus. Construction will begin in 2023. This will be a condominium complex. We have also acquired land in Guelph, with plans to start construction in 2024.
Interested applicants must first fill out our Eligibility Questionnaire to express interest in our future builds. If eligible, families will be invited to apply.
Please note that interested applicants must have been residing in Guelph or Wellington County for 1 year before applying in order to be eligible.
For further details:
Contact Kathryn Stokes, Family Services & Build Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information provided to Habitat for Humanity will remain confidential.