Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington is looking to hire part- and full-time drivers and driver assistants to serve our Fergus and Guelph ReStores, connecting our communities with our donation pick-up service.
- Enjoy spending time on the road
- Have a safety-first attitude
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
- Enjoy interacting with customers, and making sure they have an exceptional experience
- And most of all, are looking for a way to make a difference in your community…
This is your opportunity! Join our team of dedicated staff and volunteers who are working together to address affordable housing issues in our community. Every day is filled with new opportunities, challenges, and a constant sense of accomplishment.
Be an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity! Our drivers are the face of our ReStores in the community – ready and excited to speak to donors about how they can help. We are looking to grow our team so that we can expand the days and times we offer our pick-up service to the community.
Home by evening! Work takes place on weekdays and occasional Saturdays. Work is located mainly in Guelph, Fergus, and outlying areas. Full-time and part-time are available immediately, with compensation beginning at $21/hour for drivers and $18/hour for driver assistants. There’s opportunity for growth within the ReStore retail environment, and all employees receive a 15% discount on purchases at our ReStore locations.
- Valid G driver’s licence and clean driving record (driver positions only)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to assess suitability of donation items in accordance with our established criteria
- Experience and high comfort level driving 16-foot and/or 20-foot straight trucks (driver positions only)
- Ability to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis; able to easily lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Adherence to proper application of standard PPE and physical distancing protocols as applicable
- Adherence to COVID-19 vaccination policy as applicable
We invite you to bring your skills and be part of a positive, collaborative team, serving Guelph and Wellington County to support our mission. Join us today!
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and résumé to HR@habitatgw.ca.
The Habitat ReStore is a retail business selling new and gently used building supplies, furniture, home decor items, appliances, kitchen cabinets, antiques, and much more. Our ReStores are proudly owned and operated by Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington. Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington partners with families through affordable housing to attain social and financial stability to transform their futures and our community.