At Habitat for Humanity, we believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live. To make this a reality, we bring our community together to help families and individuals build strength, stability and independence through affordable home ownership.
As a non-profit home builder, Habitat for Humanity partners with those who cannot afford a conventional mortgage to buy affordable homes.
In selecting partner families and individuals, Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington considers:
- The need for decent, affordable housing
- Families and individuals will be considered for a Habitat home if their present housing is not adequate and if they are unable to afford adequate housing through conventional means.
Factors for consideration
- Families and individuals must currently be living in the specific region in which they wish to apply for a minimum of 1 year
- Current living conditions are overcrowded, unsafe or unhealthy
- Housing costs are too high (i.e. more than 30 per cent of before tax household income)
Ability to pay a mortgage
Families and individuals must have a reliable source of income and demonstrated ability to pay for a modest mortgage. Factors for consideration:
- Affordability income ranges used to determine ability to pay
- Applicants must not have large debt
- Applicants will be asked to submit a current reference check, as well as other required documentation to confirm reliability of income
Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity
Each family selected to partner with us for home ownership will be asked to contribute up to 500 hours of volunteer time. These volunteer hours may be completed on the build site, in the ReStore, or on a variety of other Habitat projects. All necessary training will be provided before you begin.
how to apply
There are many steps involved in the application and selection process to partner with Habitat for Humanity for affordable home ownership. Please note at this time we do not have any units available.
Interested applicants must take a moment to fill out this application and return the completed version to:
Habitat for Humanity Guelph Wellington
Attn: Phillis Chang
100B – 104 Dawson Rd.
Guelph, ON N1H 1A6
Or email the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information provided to Habitat for Humanity will remain confidential.